On the 15-16 July 2020 attendees of Anti-Money Laundering for Law Firms gathered to discuss ideas and new thinking, benchmark MLRO processes, and hear leading voices in anti-money laundering share their expertise and best practice.
- Onboarding new clients: the challenges of Covid-19
Wednesday 15 July 10:00 - 11:00
• How have these AML challenges been met?
• Overview of supporting products
• General insight, product insight, regulatory insight
Tom Devlin, Senior Director, RiskScreen
- Implementing the 5MLD: where are we now?
Wednesday 15 July 11:30 - 12:30
- Practical steps with EDD measures for high-risk countries
- Explaining the improved identification process - politically exposed person
- Greater transparency – the new processes behind beneficial ownership
Guy Wilkes, Partner, Mischon de Reya
- Unexplained wealth orders: recent developments
Wednesday 15 July 14:30 - 15:30
- The implication of the High Court’s April 2020 decision
- NCA inadequacies: what’s ahead?
- Complexities and concerns of legitimate investigators
Jonah Anderson, White collar crime partner, White & Case LLP
- Internal v external audits
Wednesday 15 July 16:00 - 17:00
- What does an ideal auditor look like? Traditional audit or privileged report?
- Maximising the benefit of audit from scope onwards
- An auditor’s observations
Sarah Mumford, Risk & Compliance consultant
- Express Trust Registers
Thursday 16 July 10:00 - 11:00
- Requirements of the 5MLD, expanding on the 4MLD
- Who will be caught by the new provisions?
- Contributions to and outcome of the HMRC treasury consultation
Mara Monte, Senior Associate, Withers Worldwide
Emma Cooper-Hedges, Associate, Withers Worldwide
This session will be previously recorded
- Preparing for an SRA visit: a case study on process and action points
Thursday 16 July 11:30 - 12:30
- Advance of the SRA visit: preparing documents and stakeholder input
- What to expect: notification of follow up visits and next steps
- Implementing the recommendations: what's needed and when needed
Rebecca Atkinson, Director, Risk and Compliance, Howard Kennedy LLP